A Community of Friends for Newcomers and Neighbors
WLV Newcomers Club is a social network
This is the official website of the Westlake Village Newcomers Club in Westlake Village, CA. Membership is open to residents living in zip codes 91361, 91362, and 91377. Only paid and confirmed Club members will have access to enter our website and view additional pages beyond our Main page for security reasons.
• Westlake Village Newcomers Club is organized around the principle of Friendship Through Participation ~ getting to know others while having fun!
• We are a not-for-profit social activities club supported by our membership dues and special occasion activity fees.
• Our club is open to anyone 21 years or older in the greater Westlake Village area, who want to make new friends—whether new to the area or not!
• If you are interested in joining our Westlake Village Newcomers Club, please see the Becoming a Member section below.
Do you have questions about WLV Newcomers or want to join our Club?
For questions, call Cynthia Britton, our VP Membership at 805-492-4739 or email her at email@example.com.
If you would like to join our Club, please do BOTH of the following:
1) Complete your online profile on this site (see upper right corner), and
2) Click on this link to download & print out the Membership Application 2020-2021.pdf. Mail your completed application with your membership check for $40.00, made out to WLV Newcomers Club, to:
Westlake Village Newcomers Club
P.O. Box 7094
Westlake Village, CA 91359-7094
Access to our website beyond the Main page requires steps #1+2 to be completed & approved.
Westlake Village Newcomers Activity Groups offer members the opportunity to socialize with one another, learn more about our community, and simply have fun!
• Monthly Coffee Meetings held on the 2nd Wednesday of the month give you a chance to meet others in a casual setting. You can even attend up to two Coffees before joining. Please contact our VP of Membership (below) if you would like to do this.
• There are Social Events every year for members and their spouses or guests to get to know others.
• We provide a variety of Activity Group Events each month from which our members can "pick and choose." See our Groups List (right column) for our variety of Interest Groups to choose from.
For Group Activities, current Newcomers members need to sign-in and click on Events in the Menu (at top). Next, select the Event desired, and either contact the Activity Group Leader listed to RSVP or simply RSVP in that Event's RSVP box. Questions? Call or email that Activity's Group Leader.
This spring may be different from many others with talk of vaccines and zooms but spring is definitely here — sunny days, flowers in bloom and all our traditional holidays that still bring special moments of contemplation, rebirth, forgiveness and gratitude.
Definitely one big item for all of us is gratitude for our Newcomer friends. Happy springtime from everyone on your Westlake Newcomers Board. We look forward to getting together in person SOON! And tapping into gratitude for example, our March Connecting with Conversations, was a great time learning a little “history” of each lady and coming to know the similarities of our stories. Great connections were made!
We continue on with our virtual gatherings in April both large and small which are sure to brighten up your day. See the teasers we have for you -
Wednesday, April 14 - 10:00AM MONTHLY COFFEE:
RSVP! RSVP! It’s time for your Spring Gift Bag so set your calendar alarm for Monday, April 12 at Village Homes. Then sign on for our 10:00AM Zoom Coffee on April 14th. Get the latest Club updates plus enjoy Member Cathy Simpson’s insights on writing, publishing and marketing your memoirs and stories.
RSVP here: https://wlvnewcomers.
Thursday, April 15 - 4:00PM POPCORN MUNCHERS:
AFTER LIFE on Netflix is our April selection. A heart-warming story with quirky English characters about Tony (Ricky Gervais) who is suddenly widowed and then decides to not ever care about anything or anyone.
Info & RSVP here: https://wlvnewcomers.org/
Wednesday, April 21 - 10:00AM BOOK WORMS:
AMERICAN PANDA by Gloria Chao is our April selection. A funny and incisive look at a contemporary Taiwanese-American family who’s plans for their daughter don’t match her reality.
Please read & join our Zoom discussion. RSVP here: https://wlvnewcomers.
Monday, April 5 & 12 - 3:00PM Beginning & Refresher BRIDGE ZOOMS:
Only 2 meetings in April. We’ll plan to meet in-person during May.
RSVP here to get a link for April 5th: https://wlvnewcomers.org/
Golf - Joyce Throop is working closely with the pros at Los Robles Golf Course. The start of our lessons are postponed a few weeks due to a very busy spring start up this year. Joyce will send an email to all Activity Members as soon as dates are firm so if you are interested, please add your name to the Activity Group on the website.
Your club is ambitiously preparing to meet in person as it appears virus restrictions are lifting. We anticipate that in May we will transition to small group events. Please note that any event that is publicized via our WLV Newcomers Club website will require the COVID Release form signature by each member responding. More information will be sent shortly.
Submitted by Mona Pastor, Westlake Newcomers VP, Activities