A Community of Friends for Newcomers and Neighbors
WLV Newcomers Club is a social network
This is the official website of the Westlake Village Newcomers Club in Westlake Village, CA. Membership is open to residents living in zip codes 91361, 91362, and 91377. Only paid and confirmed Club members will have access to enter our website and view additional pages beyond our Main page for security reasons.
• Westlake Village Newcomers Club is organized around the principle of Friendship Through Participation ~ getting to know others while having fun!
• We are a not-for-profit social activities club supported by our membership dues and special occasion activity fees.
• Our club is open to anyone 21 years or older in the greater Westlake Village area, who want to make new friends—whether new to the area or not!
• If you are interested in joining our Westlake Village Newcomers Club, please see the Becoming a Member section below.
Do you have questions about WLV Newcomers or want to join our Club?
For questions, call Cynthia Britton, our VP Membership at 805-492-4739 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to join our Club, please do BOTH of the following:
1) Complete your online profile on this site (see upper right corner), and
2) Click on this link to download & print out the Membership Application 2020-2021.pdf. Mail your completed application with your membership check for $40.00, made out to WLV Newcomers Club, to:
Westlake Village Newcomers Club
P.O. Box 7094
Westlake Village, CA 91359-7094
Access to our website beyond the Main page requires steps #1+2 to be completed & approved.
Westlake Village Newcomers Activity Groups offer members the opportunity to socialize with one another, learn more about our community, and simply have fun!
• Monthly Coffee Meetings held on the 2nd Wednesday of the month give you a chance to meet others in a casual setting. You can even attend up to two Coffees before joining. Please contact our VP of Membership (below) if you would like to do this.
• There are Social Events every year for members and their spouses or guests to get to know others.
• We provide a variety of Activity Group Events each month from which our members can "pick and choose." See our Groups List (right column) for our variety of Interest Groups to choose from.
For Group Activities, current Newcomers members need to sign-in and click on Events in the Menu (at top). Next, select the Event desired, and either contact the Activity Group Leader listed to RSVP or simply RSVP in that Event's RSVP box. Questions? Call or email that Activity's Group Leader.
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY LADIES... and I hope each day of he month is great for you!
Here are your Newcomers FEBRUARY EVENTS for the coming month. Check them out for some enlightening conversations and diversions. We are still virtual so please RSVP to get your Zoom Link and join in on these member gatherings with your friends. Just click on the link following each event. It will take you to our website where your RSVP can be entered.
AND: Watch for upcoming news of a Virtual Mystery or Quiz Game Event at the end of February. Details will be sent via email and also posted on the website.
Monthly Coffee Zoom – Valentin
PLUS -- “I.T.W.W.W. – The Love Letters of Nancy & Ronny”
Wednesday, February 10, 10:00am to 12:00 Noon
We’re planning a surprise Valentine Gift for each member so make sure to RSVP before February 6th, for your gift, even if you aren’t able to join in on our Monthly Coffee Zoom February 10th. Remember to stop by Village Homes Community Center on Monday February 8th between 10 am and 12 pm to safely pick up your special Newcomer's Valentine gift! And if you happen to have a spare can of food (especially canned tomatoes, canned tomato sauce/paste, spaghetti sauce, ravioli, spaghetti-o's, chili, stew, kidney beans or even shampoo) you can also drop it off as we will be collecting canned food for Manna Conejo Valley Food Bank in Thousand Oaks. It's not mandatory to drop something off, but it would be much appreciated!!!
After our holiday intros, Diane Mercado, Senior Archivist at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library will present behind the scene info on her 27 years with the Reagan Archive Collections and her role working with these beautiful love letters. RSVP here for the Gift & Coffee or just for your Valentine Gift:
Beginning & Refresher Bridge W
Mondays, February 1, 8, 15 and 22, 3:00pm to 4:15pm
Hop on to refresh your game or follow along in our no-stress sessions on bidding the Majors, Minors and NoTrump. We use Audrey Grant’s Bridge Basics 1 tand FunBridge. Please RSVP here:
--February 1, 3:00pm: https://wlvnewcomers.
--February 8, 3:00pm:
February 15, 3:00pm: https://wlvnewcomers.
February 22, 3:00pm:https://wlvnewcomers.
BOOK WORMS — “The Happy Ever After Playlist” February Choice
Wednesday, February 17, 10:00a
Start with our heroine, add one new found puppy and text messages, phone calls and emails from its handsome owner and you have a formula for a best-seller by Abby Jimenez. Please read the book and RSVP to have a lively discussion:
POPCORN MUNCHERS – “The Life Ahead” Netflix movie starring Sophia Loren – she's amazing at 86 years young! Not to be missed.
Thursday, February 18, 1:00pm – 2:00pm
This terrific tear-jerker is directed by her son Edoardo Ponti. If you have a movie or series recommendation for our Munchers group please comment on our website.
Click here to RSVP:
Keep watching for our Mystery Event TBA!