A Community of Friends for Newcomers and Neighbors
WLV Newcomers Club is a social network
This is the official website of the Westlake Village Newcomers Club in Westlake Village, CA. Membership is open to residents living in zip codes 91361, 91362, and 91377. Only paid and confirmed Club members will have access to enter our website and view additional pages beyond our Main page for security reasons.
• Westlake Village Newcomers Club is organized around the principle of Friendship Through Participation ~ getting to know others while having fun!
• We are a not-for-profit social activities club supported by our membership dues and special occasion activity fees.
• Our club is open to anyone 21 years or older in the greater Westlake Village area, who want to make new friends—whether new to the area or not!
• If you are interested in joining our Westlake Village Newcomers Club, please see the Becoming a Member section below.
Do you have questions about WLV Newcomers or want to join our Club?
For questions, call Cynthia Britton, our VP Membership at 805-492-4739 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to join our Club, please do BOTH of the following:
1) Complete your online profile on this site (see upper right corner), and
2) Click on this link to download & print out the Membership Application 2020-2021.pdf. Mail your completed application with your membership check for $40.00, made out to WLV Newcomers Club, to:
Westlake Village Newcomers Club
P.O. Box 7094
Westlake Village, CA 91359-7094
Access to our website beyond the Main page requires steps #1+2 to be completed & approved.
Westlake Village Newcomers Activity Groups offer members the opportunity to socialize with one another, learn more about our community, and simply have fun!
• Monthly Coffee Meetings held on the 2nd Wednesday of the month give you a chance to meet others in a casual setting. You can even attend up to two Coffees before joining. Please contact our VP of Membership (below) if you would like to do this.
• There are Social Events every year for members and their spouses or guests to get to know others.
• We provide a variety of Activity Group Events each month from which our members can "pick and choose." See our Groups List (right column) for our variety of Interest Groups to choose from.
For Group Activities, current Newcomers members need to sign-in and click on Events in the Menu (at top). Next, select the Event desired, and either contact the Activity Group Leader listed to RSVP or simply RSVP in that Event's RSVP box. Questions? Call or email that Activity's Group Leader.
COMMUNICATION – We women love it!!
Helpful tips for ensuring your club and you are on the same page –
Please do each year by September 30th - WLV Newcomer membership is a two-step process and is referenced on the main website page:
Reminder: The WLV Newcomers Club website lets you know events that are happening. In order to sign up, let’s say, for our monthly coffee (this is a must with zoom events), go to the website, sign in, go to EVENTS tab, find the coffee announcement, click on it, find the “YOUR RSVP” section to the right of the event description and click on the WILL ATTEND button. Make sure your picture/name is shown on the ATTENDING list. The organizers of the event will then know your intentions and a zoom link will be emailed to you 1 – 2 days beforehand. Note: You would use the same process for signing up to any of our events posted on the website.
The email address we use to communicate e-blasts to you and compile information for our yearly published directory is taken from the member application sent in with the dues by the date stated. If a change is made during the year, please let our VP membership know via email – she is listed on the website and in the directory. Our internal system communications for member list updates and e-blast updates will then be handled for you.
When you need to update the website, sign in and click on MY PAGE. Over to the right under your name click on settings, find the photo section to make sure we have a picture of your lovely face, then go down to the profile section and click on “change”. Enter in your new/changed email address, confirm email, confirm password and SAVE.
If you are not getting zoom link information from the club, make sure you have followed the steps above. Let's make sure we are all on the same page and communicating together!