A Community of Friends for Newcomers and Neighbors
WLV Newcomers Club is a social network
This is the official website of the Westlake Village Newcomers Club in Westlake Village, CA. Membership is open to residents living in zip codes 91361, 91362, and 91377. Only paid and confirmed Club members will have access to enter our website and view additional pages beyond our Main page for security reasons.
• Westlake Village Newcomers Club is organized around the principle of Friendship Through Participation ~ getting to know others while having fun!
• We are a not-for-profit social activities club supported by our membership dues and special occasion activity fees.
• Our club is open to anyone 21 years or older in the greater Westlake Village area, who want to make new friends—whether new to the area or not!
• If you are interested in joining our Westlake Village Newcomers Club, please see the Becoming a Member section below.
Do you have questions about WLV Newcomers or want to join our Club?
For questions, call Cynthia Britton, our VP Membership at 805-492-4739 or email her at email@example.com.
If you would like to join our Club, please do BOTH of the following:
1) Complete your online profile on this site (see upper right corner), and
2) Click on this link to download & print out the Membership Application 2020-2021.pdf. Mail your completed application with your membership check for $40.00, made out to WLV Newcomers Club, to:
Westlake Village Newcomers Club
P.O. Box 7094
Westlake Village, CA 91359-7094
Access to our website beyond the Main page requires steps #1+2 to be completed & approved.
Westlake Village Newcomers Activity Groups offer members the opportunity to socialize with one another, learn more about our community, and simply have fun!
• Monthly Coffee Meetings held on the 2nd Wednesday of the month give you a chance to meet others in a casual setting. You can even attend up to two Coffees before joining. Please contact our VP of Membership (below) if you would like to do this.
• There are Social Events every year for members and their spouses or guests to get to know others.
• We provide a variety of Activity Group Events each month from which our members can "pick and choose." See our Groups List (right column) for our variety of Interest Groups to choose from.
For Group Activities, current Newcomers members need to sign-in and click on Events in the Menu (at top). Next, select the Event desired, and either contact the Activity Group Leader listed to RSVP or simply RSVP in that Event's RSVP box. Questions? Call or email that Activity's Group Leader.
I received a beautiful bouquet of flowers the other day. Part of the message that accompanied the flowers were the words “heaven has given people three things to balance the odds (hardships) of life – hope, sleep and laughter”. We each most likely have hope and sleep down pretty well by now. I believe your WLV Newcomers Club helps out in the laughter category as our mission is to know others while having fun. Now having said all that, please see the list of activities Mona has arranged to start off 2021 that will help us have a “balanced” life!
Happy New Year,
President WLV Newcomers Club
JANUARY 2021 MONTHLY CALENDAR
Start the year with the following fun January activities. Please RSVP at the link listed here below each event. You can also go to our website for further event details and to RSVP. You will receive your Zoom link two days before the event. If you do not receive a Zoom link please double-check the website to see that your name is listed as attending, then contact Mona at 805-709-5575 the day before your event.
Wednesday, January 13, 10:00 am-12:00 noon
Monthly Coffee Zoom
This month’s speaker is Silvina Cox, a registered dietician and nutritionist based locally in Thousand Oaks. Since many New Year’s resolutions include a resolve to eat healthier, Silvina will present the latest and most effective tips on "Prevention & Management of Diabetes, Cardiovascular and Chronic Disease with Good Nutrition". Please get all the details on our website and RSVP by clicking the link listed below.
Mondays, January 4, 11, 18 &
Beginning Bridge Zooms
Drop in any Monday in January to go over bidding, scoring, the Stayman Convention and Doubling. For bridge fun on your own schedule you can download two apps, FunBridge and Bridge Base for lessons and computer hands. For playing with real partners, FunBridge has 2-person games and Bridge Base has 4-person tables. Please join this Activity Group on our website and then Mona will send you Zoom links to all 4 dates.
Thursday, January 21, 1:00-2:
Popcorn Munchers Zoom
Our January selection is the Netflix movie “Ma Rainey's Black Bottom”, which received 99% on Rotten Tomatoes. Actors Viola Davis and Chadwick Boseman have been highly touted for Oscars. So please watch this showstopper before our Zoom discussion. RSVP by January 20 at the link below to join in our lively Zoom discussion on January 21.
Tuesday, January 26, 5:00-6:15 pm
Happy Hour Bingo Sequel
It’s time once again for Bingo and prizes, hosted by Cookie. Grab your favorite appetizers and libations then hop onto our Bingo Zoom for the laughs and suspense that only Bingo can provide. Don’t miss out on your chance to win a prize. Early RSVP’s are a MUST. So, please RSVP at the link below by Wednesday, January 20 so your two individual Bingo cards can be prepared and sent to you via email a couple days before the event. Then print out FIVE copies of the cards before you join in. Here is your link to RSVP.
Wednesday, January 27, 10:00-11:15 am
Book Worms Zoom
Lisa Jewell’s suspense novel "Then She Was Gone" is our January book. It’s a page- turner that will keep you entertained with plot twists and fascinating characters. Please RSVP at the link listed below.